Inside Systems Accreditation
Brand new human service organizations, that are not yet supporting people, need to ensure future services are set up for success. Systems Accreditation works to validate the essential requirements of organizational policies and procedures are in place.
- 1-year accreditation term
- Multiple off-site meetings with CQL staff
- Completion and validation of self-assessment
- Ongoing support, guidance, and access to resources
Intended For Organizations
- New organizations, not yet providing services
- May be located in states that require licensure
- Interested in high standards for quality
- Seeking to establish systems for future practices
"We were brilliantly challenged to reflect deeply and systematically. We are confident in starting strong."
Reuben Kangethe, Residential Options, LLC
Systems Accreditation Components
During multiple off-site meetings, CQL and the organization discuss expectations, requirements, and next steps involving accreditation and state regulations.
The primary tool used in Systems Accreditation is the Basic Assurances®, which evaluate systems surrounding health, safety, security, and social constructs.
Organizations complete a Basic Assurances® self-assessment to evaluate policies and procedures involving non-negotiable requirements of human service providers.
Following the completion of the self-assessment, CQL will validate the document, which will include at least one additional meeting with the organization.
Throughout the one-year accreditation term, CQL will provide guidance to assist the organization in putting systems into practice in advance of service provision.
Within six months of actually providing services, organizations must apply for Quality Assurances Accreditation to initiate the next level of CQL Accreditation.
Have questions about CQL Accreditation?
Benefits Of Systems Accreditation
This level of accreditation lays the groundwork for organizations by establishing baseline standards for quality systems, which can translate into quality services.
- Discover person-centered approaches
- Access internationally-recognized tools
- Receive ongoing expert consultation
- Build systems for quality monitoring
- Meet state regulations for service provision
- Obtain resources for improving quality
- Complimentary access to PORTAL Data System
- Receive a 5% discount on POM Certification and CQL Training
- Align with the highest standards in services
- Prepare for Quality Assurances Accreditation
Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the ‘Request for Engagement’ form for a complete listing, but overall, the requirements include:
- Completed Basic Assurances® self-assessment by organization
- CQL validation of Basic Assurances® systems
To assist in your budgetary planning for Systems Accreditation, an estimate for this one-year accreditation term is $3,500.
Introduction to Basic Assurances®
- Overview of the Basic Assurances®
- Approaches for assessing systems and practices
- Importance of action-planning with the Basic Assurances®
- Benefits of Basic Assurances® for quality improvement efforts
Basic Assurances® Manual
Inside the Basic Assurances® manual:
- View descriptions about the BA factors, indicators, and probes
- Learn about health, safety, and human security requirements
- Discover how to promote accountability and transparency
- Find out how to provide effective services and practices
Our videos and webinars provides an in-depth look at how CQL Accreditation drives holistic, continuous transformation for organizations.