A Long History In Canada
For decades, CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership has been partnering with human service organizations in Canada. To share just some examples, in the early 1990s, Canadian organizations participated in the original pilot for CQL’s flagship tool, the Personal Outcome Measures®, and were instrumental in its formation. In the late 2000s, human service providers in Canada helped develop CQL’s ‘What Really Matters’ initiative, which established quality measures for person-centered services. Today, numerous organizations in Canada continue to be engaged in CQL services.
The vision of CQL is a world of dignity, opportunity, and community for all people.
CQL is dedicated to the definition, measurement, and improvement of personal quality of life.
Since 1969, CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership has been a leader in working with human service organizations and systems to continuously define, measure, and improve quality of life and quality of services for youth, adults, and older adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and psychiatric disabilities. CQL offers accreditation, training, certification, research, and consultation services to agencies that share our vision of dignity, opportunity, and community for all people.
CQL Services And Offerings
Utilize CQL Accreditation as a proven framework for quality monitoring and enhancement through person-centered, internationally-recognized approaches.
Choose from more than a dozen on-site CQL Training options with in-depth and applicable information to improve skills and knowledge.
CQL Certification provides for increased quality and consistency in the use of the Personal Outcome Measures®. by individuals, organizations, and governmental agencies.
Access studies, findings, and analysis affecting the human services field, as well as gain insight through CQL’s PORTAL Data System.
Apply customized solutions through CQL Consultation, tailored to your unique needs in human services, with collaboration and guidance by CQL staff members.
Tools & Resources
Implement best practices at your organization through a robust resource library of webinars, guides, manuals, briefs, videos, and articles.
Ontario 'Crosswalk Of Quality'
The 'Crosswalk of Quality' is designed to demonstrate the practical application of CQL tools in meeting the following quality assurance measures in Ontario’s service system.Learn More
- Promotion of social inclusion, individual choice, independence and rights
- Development of individual support plan
- Assistance with the management of finances
- Health promotion, medical services and medication
- Abuse prevention and reporting and the review of policies and procedures on abuse
- Notification of incidents of abuse
- Confidentiality and privacy
- Safety around agency owned or operated premises
- Safety and security of persons with developmental disabilities
- Human resource practices
- Service records
- General behaviour intervention strategies, training
- Behaviour support plan
- Behaviour intervention, strategies and policies and procedures
- Use of intrusive behaviour intervention
- Crisis intervention, use of physical restraint
- Supporting the well-being of the person, general
- Supporting the well-being of the person, policies and procedures
- Quality assurance measures respecting residences