CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership is now accepting presentation proposals for breakout sessions during the 2022 CQL Conference: Lightbulb Moments. This is your opportunity to share tangible, relevant, and applicable information to help other professionals, organizations, and systems transform.
10/11/22 – 10/14/22
Green Valley Ranch
2300 Paseo Verde Parkway
Henderson, Nevada 89052
Presentations should offer innovative and creative approaches that go beyond just theory. They must provide attendees with specific tools, information, and resources to assist them with the implementation of best practices.
Additional Information & Requirements
- Submissions must include clear demonstration of implementation in supports and services – beyond theory and philosophy.
- In-person presenters are responsible for all booking and payment for travel and lodging.
- Sessions that are conducted in-person will be live-streamed for virtual event attendees.
- Sessions that are conducted virtually will be displayed on a projection screen within a breakout room, for in-person attendees.
- For approved conference presentations, if the presenters choose to attend the conference outside of their presentation, they must pay for full conference registration.
- Approved conference presentations will be recorded and potentially shared by CQL following the conference.
- While the conference is from 10/11/22 – 10/14/22, breakout presentations will only take place from approximately 10:00 am – 4:00 pm PST on Wednesday, October 12th and Thursday, October 13th.
- Proposals must be submitted by 4/22/22.
Presentation Topic Areas
The following topic areas offer some general guidance and ideas for breakout presentations. While presentation proposals may cover topics not included below, submissions have a higher likelihood of being selected if they relate to some of the topics here.
Implementing HCBS Settings Rule
- Facilitating meaningful community-based employment
- Building a purposeful day
- Rights, choice, and control
- Best practices around housing
- Rural/remote support
- Promoting independence
- Impact on workforce
- Improving access
Improving individual quality of life and providing individualized services
- Supporting people with mental health or behavioral support needs
- Supporting people across the lifespan
- Rural service options
- Engaging in community
- Community influence
- Equipping DSPs to help people develop and maintain relationships
- Developing practical applications (making decisions on metrics, applying data to decision-making, setting up systems, etc.)
- Driving change
- Creating efficiencies
- Sharing data with stakeholders
- Implementing person-centered retention and recruitment strategies
- Generating best practices in workforce development
- Using a trauma-informed approach for staff retention
- Cultivating leadership
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
- An introduction to DEI
- Impact on agency culture
The deadline to submit presentation proposals has passed, and CQL is no longer accepting submissions.
2022 CQL Conference: Lightbulb Moments
The ‘2022 CQL Conference: Lightbulb Moments’ takes place in October 2022, both in-person in Las Vegas, NV and virtually via Zoom Events. During the event, some of the field’s most brilliant leaders will come together to exchange ideas, pass along best practices, and share tangible, relevant, applicable information to spark change.Learn More
# # #
About CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership
Since 1969, CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership has been a leader in working with human service organizations and systems to continuously define, measure, and improve quality of life and quality of services for youth, adults, and older adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and psychiatric disabilities. CQL offers accreditation, training, certification, research, and consultation services to agencies that share our vision of dignity, opportunity, and community for all people.