The Research and Training Center on Community Living (RTC/CL) at the University of Minnesota, in collaboration with Elsevier, an international organization focused on scientific, technical and medical information products and services, have appointed Mary Kay Rizzolo, President & CEO for CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership, to its expanded national advisory board (NAB) for the College of Direct Support (CDS). The NAB will work to improve the quality of supports and services involving direct support professionals, through insight and expertise into how the federal landscape, funding, CMS, managed care, along with other factors, could influence content development for CDS.
“This will be an important opportunity to bring together innovative thinkers from diverse backgrounds, to help build upon the great work that the University of Minnesota and CDS is doing for the development of the direct support workforce,” says Mary Kay Rizzolo, CQL President & CEO. “With so much significant change happening with regulations, reporting and service delivery systems, it’s imperative that we explore all these issues by drawing from the decades of experience among the national advisory board members.”
You can read the full release about the College of Direct Support National Advisory Board.
The National Advisory Board Includes:
- Mary Lou Bourne, Director of National Core Indicators and Quality Assurance, National Association of State Directors of Developmental Disabilities Services
- Valerie J. Bradley, President, Human Services Research Institute, American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD)
- Lisa Burck, The Arc of Mississippi
- Ann Cameron Caldwell, PhD., Ao Strategies
- Kristine E. Foss, Managing Director, Disability Solutions, Beyond Disability
- David Hancox, COO, Accra Care
- Dorothy Hiersteiner, Project Coordinator, National Core Indicators/Human Services Research Institute
- Carol Britton Laws, PhD, MSW, President, National Alliance for Direct Support Professionals, Co-Chair, Education, Training and Workforce Development committee, National Association of Direct Support Professionals (NADSP)
- Colleen McLaughlin, Training and Consultation Specialist, The New Jersey Direct Support Professional Workforce Development Coalition: The Elizabeth M. Boggs Center on Developmental Disabilities, at Rutgers University
- Andrea Misenheimer, Director of Regulatory Affairs, Cardinal Innovations Healthcare Solutions
- Tia Nelis, Self-advocacy Specialist at Rehabilitation Research and Training Center, Institute on Disability and Human Development, University of Illinois at Chicago
- India Sue Ridout, Workforce Development Manager, Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS)
- May Kay Rizzolo, President and CEO for CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership
- Michael Smull, Partner & Owner, Support Development Associates, LLC
- Dr. Peggy Terhune, Monarch, Executive Director/CEO, The Arc of the United States (ARC)
- Ben Woodworth, Director of Training, Iowa Association of Community Providers
Since 1969, CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership has been a leader in working with human service organizations and systems to continuously define, measure, and improve quality of life and quality of services for youth, adults, and older adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and psychiatric disabilities. CQL offers accreditation, training, certification, research, and consultation services to agencies that share our vision of dignity, opportunity, and community for all people.
Mary Kay Rizzolo Appointed to CDS National Advisory Board