CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership is currently accepting resumes for a Part-Time Technical Support Specialist. Since 1969, CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership has been a leader in working with human service organizations and systems to continuously define, measure, and improve quality of life and quality of services for youth, adults, and older adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and psychiatric disabilities. CQL offers accreditation, training, certification, research, and consultation services to agencies that share our vision of dignity, opportunity, and community for all people.
Description Of Position
This position is multi-faceted and requires the ability to effectively use technology to engage with staff and customers. The Technical Support Specialist will support Quality Enhancement Specialists in conducting virtual training activities as well as provide support to a variety of staff engaged in special projects designed to improve and ensure the efficiency of the CQL systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Lead Quality Enhancement Specialists in pre-planning activities for virtual training activities.
- Support the technology needs of the training conducted over Zoom, including launching polls, setting up and managing breakout rooms, facilitating screen sharing, providing troubleshooting assistance for training participants, and other functions as directed by the Lead Quality Enhancement Specialist.
- Complete all follow-up activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Special projects as assigned; utilizing organizational and technical skills in support of projects to include creating, tracking, coordinating activities and information.
- Proficient use of technology (Zoom, Microsoft Suite, Excel, Teams, Office 365) required.
- Experience with other web-based organizational tools such as JotForm, DocuSign, etc. preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Ability to perform effectively both independently and as a team member.
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills to effectively communicate new ideas, concepts, and practices.
- Alignment with CQL mission, vision, and values.
- Experience in the field of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities is preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties of the position.
Working At CQL
This is a part-time position that will average just under 40 hours per pay period. The schedule will vary depending on training and project needs which are scheduled in advance. The Technical Support Specialist must be available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 7:00 AM CST-5:00 PM CST. Work may occasionally occur outside of this time frame. Although the Technical Support Specialist must be available on M-W-F, it is not guaranteed that work will be assigned during that time every week.
CQL is a fully virtual organization. Work will be conducted from the participant’s home. Participants must have reliable internet capable of streaming video and a laptop computer.
CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Submit Your Resume And Cover Letter
In addition to a cover letter and resume please submit a 5-10 minute recorded Zoom session to include:
A short introduction of yourself, a short presentation of management of Power Point Sides (any subject from slides you prepared, and excerpt is fine covering 2-3 slides), a demonstration of expertise in navigating Zoom features – including administration of a poll, providing directions to meeting participants on renaming themselves and using annotate. The video should be sent as a link to a Zoom cloud recording or Box site.
The deadline for submitting resumes and cover letters has passed and CQL is no longer accepting resumes for this position.
# # #
Since 1969, CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership has been a leader in working with human service organizations and systems to continuously define, measure, and improve quality of life and quality of services for youth, adults, and older adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and psychiatric disabilities. CQL offers accreditation, training, certification, research, and consultation services to agencies that share our vision of dignity, opportunity, and community for all people.