There are so many issues of critical importance to the disability services system, such as addressing the DSP workforce crisis, protecting individual rights, building community, promoting choice, etc. While the human services field is actively working to address these topics, identifying strategies with demonstrable success can be difficult.
State agencies and provider associations are in a unique position to connect disability professionals to best practices. Despite that important role, we understand they face numerous challenges involving time, staffing, resources, and financial capacity. CQL wants to help bridge this gap, and assist in delivering effective approaches directly to human services organizations and others.
CQL is now offering to present free 1-hour webinars covering a wide range of topics. CQL will handle essentially all of the responsibilities involving these webinars, including Zoom hosting, registration setup, content development, live presentation, technical assistance, attendee follow-up , etc. State agencies and provider associations only need to select their topic(s) of interest, work with us on scheduling, and then share registration information with statewide contacts.
- Free webinar offerings are exclusive to state agencies and provider associations. They cannot be sponsored by individual provider organizations, for-profit companies, or other entities.
- There is no maximum number of free webinars that can be requested, but considerations will be made regarding CQL availability involving scheduling.
- All webinars must be hosted and registration set up on CQL’s Zoom account.
- There is a 500-attendee capacity limit for each webinar.
- CQL does not directly offer attendee CEUs, but CQL may be able to provide the necessary information so the sponsor organization can offer CEUs.
- Sponsor organizations are responsible for any additional costs (e.g. – ASL interpreter services based on accommodations requests) associated with the webinar.
- Webinar content is not promotional in nature. At times – when relevant and appropriate – references will be made to CQL tools, services, resources, data, etc.
- Each webinar is 1-hour total in duration, with roughly 45-50 minutes of presentation content and the remaining time devoted to a live ‘Q&A’ section.
- All presentation slides will be CQL-branded. State systems and provider associations are able to provide one (1) ‘About Us’ slide with a brief description about the entity.
- Revisions to CQL’s presentation slides by state systems and provider associations are not allowed.
- Presentation recordings/slides will not be made available to sponsors or attendees following the live webinar presentation.
- DSP Workforce Issues
- Human Rights Committees and Due Process
- Data & Decision-Making
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Social Capital
- Inclusive Practices
- The Three E’s – Education, Experience, Exposure
- Introduction to the Personal Outcome Measures®
- Introduction to the Basic Assurances®
If you are interested in this initiative to offer free professional development opportunities to providers and members in your state, please complete the webinar inquiry form.
# # #
Since 1969, CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership has been a leader in working with human service organizations and systems to continuously define, measure, and improve quality of life and quality of services for youth, adults, and older adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and psychiatric disabilities. CQL offers accreditation, training, certification, research, and consultation services to agencies that share our vision of dignity, opportunity, and community for all people.