Join us for a fast paced, interactive, virtual training titled ‘Community – Defining, Understanding, Connecting.’ In this session, we’ll look at what community means to you and the people you support and explore why it’s even important to think about. This session will cover:
- The importance of relationships and social capital in becoming connected in the community.
- How to use a person-centered approach to discover people’s interests, strengths, gifts, desires, etc. to understand where to target our community connection activities.
- Barriers and most importantly strategies to supporting people to be active, contributing members of the communities in which they live.
Virtual Training Guidance
This virtual training, which takes place on February 22nd, 2023 from 9:00am – 1:00pm CT, will use Zoom for the entire session, including the presentation, polls, activities, discussion, and more.
Registrants will receive the Zoom login link, meeting ID, and passcode directly from Zoom, one week before the training date.
- You must have a Zoom account to participate in this training. You must also register with the email address that is associated with your Zoom account. Visit https://zoom.us/signup#/signup to create a free Zoom account.
- Multiple attendees participating from the same device is not permitted.
- Sharing your Zoom login information with another person is not permitted. Two people will not be able to participate in the virtual training at the same time, when using the same login information.
- Our trainer will conduct the presentation with their camera on. To maximize engagement, we also ask that all attendees have their cameras on during the presentation.
- It is essential that each participant use a device that has both a microphone and camera enabled in order to fully participate in the session.
- CQL will be using Zoom’s built-in live transcription (closed captioning) feature during the training. If you need any additional reasonable accommodations, please let us know in the event registration form.
This training has reached its maximum capacity, but you can view other trainings being conducted in the months ahead.View Events
Thank you for your interest in this virtual training. To maintain a high level of engagement and interaction, the maximum capacity for the training is 30 participants. Due to high interest in this event, all of the open spots have been filled and registration is now closed.
If you are interested in attending other virtual events at a later date, CQL has scheduled additional training and events in the months ahead – some of which still have seats available. Please register for our events as soon as possible, since they fill up quickly.
CQL Director of Special Projects
Rebecca Kasey is CQL's Director of Special Projects, bringing over a decade of experience in human services. In this role, Rebecca is responsible for planning, organizing, executing, monitoring, and directing projects to successful completion.EMAIL ME
CQL Technical Support Specialist
Miranda Baumann is the Technical Support Specialist for CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership. In this role, Miranda offers expertise and assistance during the facilitation of online activities and administrative functions, such as Virtual Personal Outcome Measures® Workshops.EMAIL ME
Attendees may be able to substitute their registration with another colleague from their organization, for no additional fee. If you wish to make the request, please contact CQL.
In order to receive a refund, any cancellation requests must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the virtual training. If you wish to make the request, please contact CQL.
In the event that CQL must cancel the training, we will notify attendees as soon as possible and issue full refunds within 3-5 business days of the cancellation.
Anyone who has an interest in this topic is welcome to attend. It is required that each attendee has access to their own computer – multiple attendees cannot participate in the training from the same computer.
Absolutely. This training is designed so that individuals – not necessarily working for the same organization – can attend and participate in the session. Again, attendees must register individually. Multiple attendees participating from the same device is not permitted. Sharing your Zoom login information with another person is also not permitted. Two people will not be able to participate in the virtual training at the same time, when using the same login information.
Definitely! We have specifically tailored our approach to this training to keep our virtual audience engaged. This is a dynamic presentation with accompanying discussion, activities, and polling. To benefit fully, please plan to use a device that has a microphone and camera enabled and turned on for the training session.