In this 5-day Virtual Personal Outcome Measures® Workshop, you will start with the basics and leave being able to conduct actual interviews and collect baseline data. This virtual event includes interactive components, lively activities, group collaboration, and more, to educate and empower attendees to effectively use the Personal Outcome Measures®.
CQL will show you the Personal Outcome Measures® process, share how it will help in person-centered approaches, and reveal its relationship to person-centered planning and organizational strategic planning. Attendees will learn about decision-making with the POM, including the variables that could inform if outcomes and supports are present, along with common challenges you may face in making determinations. By the end, you’ll be able to carry out interviews and gather data, while also being provided a printed-copy of the Personal Outcome Measures® manual. The Personal Outcome Measures® Workshop also serves as the first step towards CQL Certification, if attendees choose to pursue it.
* Please review the refund/cancellation policy in the FAQ section below, prior to registering.
About the Personal Outcome Measures®
The Personal Outcome Measures® (POM) is a powerful tool to ensure supports and services are truly person-centered. In a Personal Outcome Measures® interview, people receiving services share information about the presence, importance, and achievement of outcomes. Their support providers then discuss the services that the organization has in place for those outcomes. These interviews cover quality of life areas involving choice, health, safety, social capital, relationships, rights, goals, dreams, employment, and more.
The insight gained during a Personal Outcome Measures® interview can then be used to inform a person-centered plan, improve individualized supports, track progress, and assess effectiveness. At an aggregate level, agencies can use this data to analyze initiatives, evaluate organizational priorities, and report results to stakeholders.
This Virtual Personal Outcome Measures® Workshop will use two different programs to create a dynamic and engaging experience for presentations and participation. CQL Quality Enhancement Specialists will use Zoom as the training platform, where all attendees will interact with cameras on. Microsoft Teams will be utilized for all other tasks – managing materials, scheduling, communication, etc. If attendees are conducting interviews virtually, they can use their preferred online platform.
- Monday 11/8/21, 9:00am – 5:00pm CT – presentation and activities
- Tuesday 11/9/21 – conduct POM interviews
- Wednesday 11/10/21, 9:00am – 5:00pm CT – presentation and activities
- Thursday 11/11/21 – conduct POM interviews
- Friday 11/12/21, 9:00am – 5:00pm CT – presentation and activities
A more detailed agenda is included below. Times are subject to change.
You can click the 'Register Now' button below to sign up for the workshop through the event platform Constant Contact.Register Now
- Please review the refund/cancellation policy in the FAQ section below, prior to registering.
- If you are looking to register 4 or more people, let us know as we offer group discount rates.
- Register through Constant Contact
- Receive registration confirmation via email
- CQL follows up within one week of registration
- Ongoing interaction with CQL
- Zoom/Teams details sent by CQL
If you have any questions about the process of the Virtual Personal Outcome Measures® Workshop, you can contact CQL.
CQL Quality Enhancement Specialist
Leanne Mull is a Quality Enhancement Specialist for CQL. In this role, Leanne provides training on best practices for supporting people with disabilities. Additionally, Leanne works extensively supporting people with I/DD to develop dreams for their lives and self advocacy skills.
CQL Quality Enhancement Specialist
Leanne is a Quality Enhancement Specialist for CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership. Leanne is also a Certified Trainer in the use of Personal Outcome Measures® and has worked with and for people with disabilities for the last 35 years in Manitoba, Canada.
- An attendee can contact CQL to replace their registration with another colleague up until 4 weeks before the start date of the workshop, at no additional cost.
- Substitutions are not permitted within 4 weeks before the start date of the workshop.
- Full refunds will be issued if requested more than 8 weeks before the start date of the workshop.
- Refunds requested between 6-8 weeks before the start date of the workshop, include a $400 penalty per registrant.
- No refunds will be issued less than 6 weeks before the start date of the workshop.
In some cases, attendees might be able to transfer their registration to a different Virtual Personal Outcome Measures® Workshop:
- If requested more than 8 weeks before the start date of the workshop that you are currently registered to attend, attendees may contact CQL to inquire about a transfer.
- If more than one transfer request is made, each additional transfer will incur a $100 transfer fee, per person per request.
- No transfers are permitted, if requested less than 8 weeks before the start date of the workshop that you are currently registered to attend.
- Virtual Personal Outcome Measures® Workshops require 10 or more participants.
- If there are fewer than 10 people registered three weeks prior to the start date of the workshop, CQL reserves the right to cancel/reschedule.
- Anyone having already paid registration fees can transfer those funds to another CQL training, or receive a full refund.
Anyone who works for a human services provider organization, and has an interest in person-centered discovery and the achievement of outcomes involving the lives people with disabilities, is welcome to attend. It is also required that each attendee has access to their own computer – multiple attendees can not participate in the workshop from the same computer.
Absolutely. This workshop is designed so that individual professionals in the human services field – not necessarily working for the same organization – can attend and participate in the workshop. Considering that the workshop is designed so that participants ‘pair up’ to conduct Personal Outcome Measures® interviews, CQL has developed some strategies in the case that you are the sole attendee from your organization.
Each attendee must have access to their own computer – multiple attendees can not participate in the workshop from the same computer. Participants should also have a reliable internet connection, as the workshop relies on virtual presentations and interactions. The workshop also requires that attendees have their computer cameras turned on to increase attendee engagement.
Attendees are also responsible for recruiting and identifying people receiving services for the practice interviews and making arrangements involving those who are participating in the two (2) Personal Outcome Measures® interviews. Completion of this task is essential for a successful workshop. Attendees will not be able to participate in the workshop and registration fees are not refundable if required deadlines are not met in scheduling interviews.
The CQL Quality Enhancement Specialists who are conducting the workshop will assist attendees with this process in advance of the workshop.
No. Certified Trainers do not need to attend a CQL Virtual POM Workshop to conduct a Virtual POM Workshop for internal employees at their organization. Certified Trainers are being provided with numerous materials/guidance documents for conducting workshops, along with access to an in-depth informational webinar.
Absolutely! We have specifically tailored our approach to this training to keep our virtual audience engaged. CQL has conducted multiple pilots of the Virtual Personal Outcome Measures® Workshop to ensure it’s an informative and fun experience for participants. We incorporate numerous games, compelling discussion, group activities, and more to create a unique event for our attendees.
“The online platform worked very well. We had a very full experience of the training,” says Tara Kiene, President and CEO of Community Connections in Colorado. “Everyone on our team agrees that it was time well spent.”
Virtual POM Workshop Agenda
Here is a general overview of how the week is structured and what to expect. CQL will be in contact prior to the workshop to discuss arrangements, materials, schedules, etc. and provide a detailed agenda. Please note that exact times are subject to change in the detailed agenda.
Monday 11/8/21, 9:00am – 5:00pm CT
- Introduction to the Personal Outcome Measures® (POM)
- Exploration of the concept of quality
- Overview of interviewing with the POM and making decisions
- Preparation for the first round of practice interviews
- In pairs, participants conduct a practice interview. The interview might be done in person or via a virtual platform depending on current circumstances.
Wednesday 11/10/21, 9:00am – 5:00pm CT
- Decision-making with the POM
- Preparing for the second round of interviews
- In pairs, participants conduct a second practice interview. The interview might be done in person or via a virtual platform depending on current circumstances.
Friday 11/12/21, 9:00am – 5:00pm CT
- Refining decision-making skills
- Applying the POM
- Wrap up