“Over the past 20 years, we’ve used the Personal Outcome Measures® in various ways such as taking action, shifting agency policy, developing plans, and celebrating goals,” says Jennifer Stavenhagen, Director of Quality & Incident Management for The Adirondack Arc.
The Personal Outcome Measures® (POM) is a powerful tool to ensure supports and services are truly person-centered. In a POM interview, people receiving services share information about the presence, importance, and achievement of outcomes. Their support providers then discuss the services that the organization has in place for those outcomes. These interviews cover quality of life areas involving choice, health, safety, social capital, relationships, rights, goals, dreams, employment, and more.
The insight gained during a POM interview can then be used to inform a person-centered plan, improve individualized supports, track progress, and assess effectiveness. At an aggregate level, agencies can use this data to identify strengths and opportunities, and support ongoing quality enhancement.
In this interactive 2-part virtual training, ‘Introduction To The Personal Outcome Measures®,’ we will facilitate an in-depth exploration of the Personal Outcome Measures®. Attendees will learn about the tool, its factors and indicators, and how to leverage it to improve the quality of your services and the quality of life for people who receive them. We’ll also share eye-opening data collected through the POM and describe what it means for transforming supports.
Virtual Training Guidance
This virtual training, which takes place on June 27, 2023 and June 29, 2023 from 9:00am – 12:00pm CT on each day, will use Zoom for the entire session, including the presentation, polls, activities, discussion, and more.
Registrants will receive the Zoom login link, meeting ID, and passcode directly from Zoom, one week before the training date.
- You must have a Zoom account to participate in this training. You must also register with the email address that is associated with your Zoom account. Visit https://zoom.us/signup#/signup to create a free Zoom account.
- Multiple attendees participating from the same device is not permitted.
- Sharing your Zoom login information with another person is not permitted. Two people will not be able to participate in the virtual training at the same time, when using the same login information.
- Our trainer will conduct the presentation with their camera on. To maximize engagement, we also ask that all attendees have their cameras on during the presentation.
- It is essential that each participant use a device that has both a microphone and camera enabled in order to fully participate in the session.
- CQL will be using Zoom’s built-in live transcription (closed captioning) feature during the training. If you need any additional reasonable accommodations, please let us know in the event registration form.
You can click the 'Register Now' button below to sign up for the virtual training through the event platform JotForm.REGISTER NOW
The fee is $100 per attendee. After clicking ‘Register Now’ you will be directed to JotForm to enter your information and payment.
Registrants from organizations that are pursuing or have achieved CQL Accreditation can receive a 5% discount. To obtain the discount, please contact CQL prior to registering so we can provide a coupon code.
* Please review the refund/cancellation policy in the FAQ section below, prior to registering.
- Register through JotForm
- Submit payment through JotForm
- Receive registration confirmation via email
- Zoom login link, meeting ID, and passcode sent 1 week before training date
CQL Virtual Training Presenters
CQL Director of Personal Outcomes
Michael Clausen began his career as a Direct Support Specialist in 2002. Michael has been using the Personal Outcome Measures® (POM) for over a decade. His passion for the POM is a result of his first-hand experience in utilizing the tool. He has presented at conferences internationally, and recently, led the initiative to adapt the POM workshop into a virtual format.EMAIL ME
CQL Quality Enhancement Specialist
Betsy Burns is a seasoned professional experienced in many multi-faceted programs. Betsy has served in positions like Director of Education and Training, Director of Children’s Services, Director of Support Services, Director of Service Coordination, and Assistant V.P. of Program Administration.EMAIL ME
Frequently Asked Questions
Attendees may be able to substitute their registration with another colleague from their organization, for no additional fee. If you wish to make the request, please contact CQL.
In order to receive a refund, any cancellation requests must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the virtual training. If you wish to make the request, please contact CQL.
In the event that CQL must cancel the training, we will notify attendees as soon as possible and issue full refunds within 3-5 business days of the cancellation.
Anyone who has an interest in this topic is welcome to attend. It is required that each attendee has access to their own computer – multiple attendees cannot participate in the training from the same computer.
Absolutely. This training is designed so that individuals – not necessarily working for the same organization – can attend and participate in the session. Again, attendees must register individually. Multiple attendees participating from the same device is not permitted. Sharing your Zoom login information with another person is also not permitted. Two people will not be able to participate in the virtual training at the same time, when using the same login information.
Definitely! We have specifically tailored our approach to this training to keep our virtual audience engaged. This is a dynamic presentation with accompanying discussion, activities, and polling. To benefit fully, please plan to use a device that has a microphone and camera enabled and turned on for the training session.