Singer Jackie Wilson struck the right chord with the song ‘Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher and Higher.’ The love of our friends, family, partners, spouses, significant others, etc. truly do lift us higher. And support staff can play a big part in helping people create, maintain, and grow those relationships.
In the virtual training ‘Supporting Healthy Relationships,’ attendees will learn about different ways to promote relationships among people with disabilities who receive services. CQL will detail action steps that organizations can put in place to support people in establishing quality friendships, developing intimate connections, and expressing sexuality. The training will also help attendees embrace these practices while demonstrating respect, ensuring independence, addressing safety concerns, and confronting exploitation issues.
- Learn strategies for supporting healthy relationships
- Discover characteristics of quality human connections
- Promote independence for people and their relationships
- Identify and reduce exploitation issues
- Gain insight into online safety concerns
Virtual Training Guidance
This virtual training, which takes place on May 15, 2024 from 9:00am – 1:00pm CT, will use Zoom for the entire session, including the presentation, polls, activities, discussion, and more.
Registrants will receive the Zoom login link, meeting ID, and passcode directly from Zoom, one week before the training date.
- You must have a Zoom account to participate in this training. You must also register with the email address that is associated with your Zoom account. Visit https://zoom.us/signup#/signup to create a free Zoom account.
- Multiple attendees participating from the same device is not permitted.
- Sharing your Zoom login information with another person is not permitted. Two people will not be able to participate in the virtual training at the same time, when using the same login information.
- Our trainer will conduct the presentation with their camera on. To maximize engagement, we also ask that all attendees have their cameras on during the presentation.
- It is essential that each participant use a device that has both a microphone and camera enabled in order to fully participate in the session.
- CQL will be using Zoom’s built-in live transcription (closed captioning) feature during the training. If you need any additional reasonable accommodations, please let us know in the event registration form.
You can click the 'Register Now' button below to sign up for the virtual training through the event platform JotForm.REGISTER NOW
The registration fee is $75 per attendee. If you are paying via credit card, there is a 3% processing fee. You can avoid this fee if you choose to pay by check.
Registrants from organizations that are pursuing or have achieved CQL Accreditation can receive a 5% discount. To obtain the discount, please contact CQL prior to registering so we can provide a coupon code.
* Please review the refund/cancellation policy in the FAQ section below, prior to registering.
- Register through JotForm
- Submit payment through JotForm
- Receive registration confirmation via email
- Zoom login link, meeting ID, and passcode sent 1 week before training date
CQL Quality Enhancement Specialist
Ann Dorsey is a Quality Enhancement Specialist for CQL and brings over a decade of leadership in human services program management, training, and oversight. Ann has extensive experience in leading agencies to accreditation and systems change, specializing in ID/DD and children and youth services.EMAIL ME
CQL Technical Support Specialist
Miranda Baumann is the Technical Support Specialist for CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership. In this role, Miranda offers expertise and assistance during the facilitation of online activities and administrative functions, such as Virtual Personal Outcome Measures® Workshops.EMAIL ME
Attendees may be able to substitute their registration with another colleague from their organization, for no additional fee. If you wish to make the request, please contact CQL.
Any cancellation request made at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the virtual training will be granted a full refund. Cancellation requests made within two weeks of the virtual training will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine refund eligibility and next steps. Please contact CQL if you need to request a cancellation/refund.
In the event that CQL must cancel the training, we will notify attendees as soon as possible and issue full refunds within 3-5 business days of the cancellation.
Anyone who has an interest in this topic is welcome to attend. It is required that each attendee has access to their own computer – multiple attendees cannot participate in the training from the same computer.
Absolutely. This training is designed so that individuals – not necessarily working for the same organization – can attend and participate in the session. Again, attendees must register individually. Multiple attendees participating from the same device is not permitted. Sharing your Zoom login information with another person is also not permitted. Two people will not be able to participate in the virtual training at the same time, when using the same login information.
Definitely! We have specifically tailored our approach to this training to keep our virtual audience engaged. This is a dynamic presentation with accompanying discussion, activities, and polling. To benefit fully, please plan to use a device that has a microphone and camera enabled and turned on for the training session.