The data demands our attention. When organizational supports are in place, people with disabilities are 66 times more likely to exercise their rights. Providing those supports surrounding rights often raises a host of complex questions for human service providers to consider:
- Who plays a role in supporting people’s rights?
- What can be done to eliminate unnecessary restrictions?
- Where can organizations turn for guidance regarding the role of guardians?
- When is it appropriate to consider the dignity of risk?
- Why are rights so important to improving quality of life?
In this two-part virtual training, titled ‘All About Rights: Answering The 5 Ws,’ we’re sharing the latest research, presenting practical solutions, and leading a dynamic discussion about all topics related to rights. Attendees should come with questions and be prepared to leave with answers!
Virtual Training Guidance
This two-part virtual training, which takes place on September 26th and September 28th from 9:00am – 12:00pm CT on each day, will use Zoom for the entire session, including the presentation, polls, activities, discussion, and more.
Registrants will receive the Zoom login link, meeting ID, and passcode directly from Zoom, one week before the training date.
- You must have a Zoom account to participate in this training. You must also register with the email address that is associated with your Zoom account. Visit https://zoom.us/signup#/signup to create a free Zoom account.
- Multiple attendees participating from the same device is not permitted.
- Sharing your Zoom login information with another person is not permitted. Two people will not be able to participate in the virtual training at the same time, when using the same login information.
- Our trainer will conduct the presentation with their camera on. To maximize engagement, we also ask that all attendees have their cameras on during the presentation.
- It is essential that each participant use a device that has both a microphone and camera enabled in order to fully participate in the session.
- CQL will be using Zoom’s built-in live transcription (closed captioning) feature during the training. If you need any additional reasonable accommodations, please let us know in the event registration form.
You can click the 'Register Now' button below to sign up for the virtual training through the event platform JotForm.REGISTER NOW
The fee is $100 per attendee. After clicking ‘Register Now’ you will be directed to JotForm to enter your information and payment.
Registrants from organizations that are pursuing or have achieved CQL Accreditation can receive a 5% discount. To obtain the discount, please contact CQL prior to registering so we can provide a coupon code.
* Please review the refund/cancellation policy in the FAQ section below, prior to registering.
- Register through JotForm
- Submit payment through JotForm
- Receive registration confirmation via email
- Zoom login link, meeting ID, and passcode sent 1 week before training date
CQL Virtual Training Presenters
CQL Quality Enhancement Specialist
Leanne is a Quality Enhancement Specialist for CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership. Leanne is also a Certified Trainer in the use of Personal Outcome Measures® and has worked with and for people with disabilities for the last 35 years in Manitoba, Canada.
CQL Quality Enhancement Specialist
Crystal Hicks is a part-time Quality Enhancement Specialist with CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership. She has held many positions including DSP, Case Manager, and QA Director. She is currently the VP of Operations at Emory Valley Center.
Frequently Asked Questions
Attendees may be able to substitute their registration with another colleague from their organization, for no additional fee. If you wish to make the request, please contact CQL.
In order to receive a refund, any cancellation requests must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the virtual training. If you wish to make the request, please contact CQL.
In the event that CQL must cancel the training, we will notify attendees as soon as possible and issue full refunds within 3-5 business days of the cancellation.
Anyone who has an interest in this topic is welcome to attend. It is required that each attendee has access to their own computer – multiple attendees cannot participate in the training from the same computer.
Absolutely. This training is designed so that individuals – not necessarily working for the same organization – can attend and participate in the session. Again, attendees must register individually. Multiple attendees participating from the same device is not permitted. Sharing your Zoom login information with another person is also not permitted. Two people will not be able to participate in the virtual training at the same time, when using the same login information.
Definitely! We have specifically tailored our approach to this training to keep our virtual audience engaged. This is a dynamic presentation with accompanying discussion, activities, and polling. To benefit fully, please plan to use a device that has a microphone and camera enabled and turned on for the training session.