Inside The 'Person-Centered Thinking' Training Initiative
In 2016, CQL and Support Development Associates (SDA), LLC, in collaboration with the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing, held training events across the state, which were attended by hundreds of people. CQL covered two different topics throughout the training initiative, sharing how the Personal Outcome Measures® (POM) can transform person-centered philosophies into actual practices.
Learning about People Using the Personal Outcome Measures®
This two-day training shares how CQL’s Personal Outcome Measures® put person-centered philosophies into action, by finding out what really matters to a person receiving services. The instructor will conduct a Personal Outcome Measures® interview with a person receiving services, and someone who knows the person and are familiar with their supports. The instructor will then guide a discussion about using the interview feedback to inform the person-centered plan.
- 2-day training
- Learn how to gather information from the person supported
- Identify the person’s focus for person-centered planning
- Develop a draft person-centered plan using the POM
Learning From People Who Communicate Differently
Some people communicate differently. In order to effectively communicate, we have to use other techniques to gather information and learn about what is important to the person. The one-day training will use the Personal Outcome Measures® as a tool to gather information, and will help the learner to improve “listening” skills by confirming discovery, practicing listening skills, and communicating more effectively with people who communicate in different ways.
- 1-day training
- Improve skills with people who communicate differently
- Gain experience in understanding non-verbal communication
- Demonstrate how to confirm what is learned in the discovery process
Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing
Support Development Associates (SDA)
Personal Outcome Measures® Manual for Adults
Inside the Personal Outcome Measures® manual:
- View descriptions about the POM factors and indicators
- Receive guidance about the entire process
- Learn how to gather information and make decisions
- Discover techniques for interviewing and measurement