Inside Grant and Evaluation Best Practices Project
The aim of this project was to review the New York DDPC completed technical assistance and grant programs to provide recommendations to strengthen the DDPC’s grant structure, including how to promote successful programs and evaluations. To do so, this study was comprised of two phases which built off each other.
The First Phase of Study
The study was comprised of two phases; the first phase involved a review of the literature to determine best practices regarding program evaluation design and program planning. Then, as part of this phase this study involved interviews with people who have previously had or currently have evaluation or program grants with the DDPC.
The Second Phase of Study
The second phase was to widen the study and examine challenges and best practices of DD Councils across the nation so that lessons could be used to guide future DDPC projects. To do so, we conducted an online survey as well as completed interviews to acquire in-depth information. In addition, we conducted literature reviews about sustainability and collaboration best practices.
- Two technical reports about the two phases of the study
- Literature reviews on evaluation design, collaboration, and sustainability best practices
- Fact sheet about sustainability for grant applicants
- Fact sheet on grant application best practices for applicants
- Rubric for evaluating projects and evaluations