Communication: The Art of Listening
Everyone communicates. Whether someone expresses themselves with words or they use non-verbal communication methods, people strive to have their hopes, opinions and preferences understood by others. Person-centered services start with an organization’s ability to appreciate and act upon what’s important to the people they support.
- 1-day workshop
- Keys to understanding and enhancing communication methods and listening
- Designed for management, quality assurance teams and direct support professionals
In Communication: The Art of Listening training, CQL will share an overview of communication, explore unique communication methods and offer suggestions for better listening to communication. Your organization and your staff will strengthen communication skills to create meaningful interactions with the people you support.
What You Will Experience:
- A greater understanding of communication
- Interactive exercises exploring communication methods
- Practical tips to creating accessible materials
- Assistive Technology for everyday interactions
* An additional 1-day communication training can be added to this workshop, so your organization can embed effective communication techniques into your Personal Outcome Measures®(POMs) interviews.
The cost to have this on-site training conducted at your organization is $1,750. The costs for travel and lodging are not included in this listed pricing, and organizations will be billed for these expenses in addition to the training cost. Prices are subject to change.
For scheduling or other questions:
Other Training Options: