“The Basic Assurances® have provided a framework to help us know the right things to measure. We are able to better evaluate the quality of our services and see areas we can improve,” shares Megan Moore-Stevens, Residential Director of MMI Residential.
The Basic Assurances® is a tool to evaluate human services organizations’ operations involving the health, safety, and human security of people receiving services, as well as areas such as natural supports, social networks, employment, and more. Through 10 factors, 46 indicators, and hundreds of probes, the Basic Assurances® provides organizations with guidance for ensuring that systems translate into actual practices to positively impact the lives of people with disabilities.
In this two-day training ‘Basic Assurances® Intensive Workshop,’ employees from your organization will go beyond a broad overview of the tool and receive guidance into how the Basic Assurances® can be applied to organizational systems and practices.
- 2-day training
- Presented either in-person or virtually
- Up to 30 participants
CQL trainers will lead interactive discussions with those involved in the organization, work alongside training participants on the use of the tool, assess various quality frameworks, and share specific next steps that the agency can implement to improve policies, procedures, and most importantly, the practices that play out in people’s lives.
- In-depth insight into the Basic Assurances® 10 Factors and 46 Indicators
- Exploration of your organization’s systems and practices
- Discussions about how to involve stakeholders (people supported, DSPs, managers, leadership)
- Guidance on completing the Basic Assurances® Self-Assessment
- Review of organizational quality management and data analysis systems
- Development of action-planning with Basic Assurances®
The cost for an organization to host this training is $3,500. If the training is being presented in-person, the organization is also responsible for travel and lodging costs. Organizations will be billed for these expenses in addition to the training cost. Prices are subject to change.
Please Note: Organizations that are pursuing or have achieved CQL Accreditation can take advantage of a 5% discount on the costs of CQL training.