The Basic Assurances® evaluate the essential, fundamental, and non-negotiable requirements of all human service providers, involving issues of health, safety, and security, along with additional social constructs. With the Basic Assurances®, the effectiveness of policies and procedures is determined in practice – person by person – through 10 factors and 46 indicators
- 2-day workshop
- Up to 30 participants
- In-depth presentation about Basic Assurances® Factors and Indicators
The two-day ‘Basic Assurances® Intensive Workshop’ goes beyond a broad overview of the tool and provides direction into how the Basic Assurances® can be applied to organizational systems and practices. CQL staff will lead interactive discussions with those involved in the organization, work alongside training participants on the use of the tool, assess various quality frameworks, and share specific next steps that the agency can implement to improve policies, procedures, and most importantly the practices that play out in people’s lives.
In This Training
- Exploration of your agency’s systems and practices
- Discussions with stakeholders (people receiving supports, DSPs, Managers, Leadership)
- Guidance on completing the Basic Assurances® Self-Assessment
- Review of organizational quality management and data analysis systems
- Development of action-planning with Basic Assurances®
The cost to have this on-site training conducted at your organization is $3,500. The costs for travel and lodging are not included in this listed pricing, and organizations will be billed for these expenses in addition to the training cost. Prices are subject to change.