You don’t typically hear people say “I’m going out into the community tonight,” or ask, “Did you hear about that community event happening next month?” It’s often difficult for human service organizations to truly define what is meant by ‘community,’ and even more challenging to ensure that people who receive supports are actually part of the community.
- 1-day workshop
- Up to 40 participants
- Designed for quality assurance teams and direct support professionals
In the ‘Defining Community’ training, attendees will get a clearer vision of what community is and how to support people to be not only present, but active participants in the community. This training challenges traditional concepts of community, identifies barriers to inclusion, and shares insight into overcoming those barriers.
In This Training
- Insight into concepts of community
- Guidance to help people define their own vision of community
- Real-life examples of exploring community and expanding inclusion
- Suggestions to building social capital
- Barriers you may confront to creating community
- Tips to overcoming those barriers
The cost to have this on-site training conducted at your organization is $1,750. The costs for travel and lodging are not included in this listed pricing, and organizations will be billed for these expenses in addition to the training cost. Prices are subject to change.