A Tennessee self-advocate named Patrick recently said “This is my life. Put me in the driver’s seat.” In order for an organization to be truly person-centered and put people in the driver’s seat, staff must not only respect rights, but learn to support people to become advocates for their own rights.
- 1-day training
- Up to 40 participants
- Designed for quality assurance teams and direct support professionals
‘Supporting Rights & Self-Advocacy’ teaches organizations and staff how to educate people about rights, and support them in protecting and promoting rights. This training will identify rights, violations of rights, and strategies to support people in becoming self-advocates.
In This Training
- Overview about the importance of rights
- Principles of identifying and understanding rights
- Examples of protecting rights in everyday supports
- Real-world scenarios of rights advocacy and promotion
- Specific strategies to supporting rights
The cost to have this on-site training conducted at your organization is $1,750. The costs for travel and lodging are not included in this listed pricing, and organizations will be billed for these expenses in addition to the training cost. Prices are subject to change.
Please Note: Organizations that are pursuing or have achieved CQL Accreditation can take advantage of a 5% discount on the costs of CQL training.